Canning Fruit Producers Association
The Canning Fruit Producers’ Association is the mouthpiece of canning fruit producers
in the Western Cape.
Specific aims are:
- To serve and to promote the interests of the apricot, pear and peach growers.
- To strive for the development of the apricot, pear and peach industry and to promote the establishment of the necessary facilities and services.
- To keep the apricot, pear and peach growers informed in connection with matters which concern their industry and to give guidance concerning the best methods to promote the industry.
- To co-operate and associate with other similar agricultural organisations.
- To strive for the development of the agricultural industry, the protection of the soil and water resources, improvement of soil fertility and improved scientific production methods.
- The association provides “Die Krat” as a newsletter for the industry.
- To promote meaningful research and development in collaboration with ARC Infruitec/Nietvoorbij and other research institutes.
- To promote plant improvement with various organisations e.g. SAPO, DPA and Plant SA.
We are a voluntary service organization serving the interests of canning fruit producers.
The main canning fruit produced for the local and export markets are:
Click edit button to change this text.